Health and Safety
Health and Safety
MCC Group of Companies is committed to ensure that through the scope of its operations all employees work in a safe and healthy environment where precautions are taken to minimise the risk, and in return reduce accidental injury, damages and losses.
The following will be addressed:
- Personal injury and Illness
- Damage to property and the environment
- Compliance with legislation
- Compliance with the companies Code of Conduct
- Conservation and Security
Management is committed to ensure that safety policies are adhered to and adequate supervision, training and equipment are available to all employees to ensure a safe working environment. It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure a safe working environment. It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with the company’s code of conduct and to actively strive towards the consistent prevention of accidental injury, damage and losses with the aim of reducing risk and ensuring safe working conditions. All Safety, Health, Aids and Environmental policies will be revised at least every second year to cater for any changes that may or can occur, through improved legislation, instructions from the client to improve working conditions and enforce best practices. This initiative is committed by the Company and the responsibility requires the undivided commitment and involvement by all employees to ensure its success.
General Environmental Policy
MCC believes that the quality of air, water and soil should be protected for the continued benefits of all ecosystems. In this way, the needs of present and future generations will be met. MCC is committed to act responsibly with due regard to the effect of its operations and products on the environment.
Protecting the environment is an obligation -- not a choice!
It is MCC Group’s policy to judiciously limit the environmental impact of all its activities
In order to implement and maintain this policy, MCC Group will:
- Manage and use land, raw material and resources responsibly
- Monitor and audit the environmental performance of its operations and activities according to the ISO 14001 environmental management approach.
- Be committed to conform to environmental legislation
- Adopt the best affordable technology to prevent or manage negative impacts on the environment
- Practice the reduction, recovery and recycling of waste materials and the rehabilitation of previously mined areas
- Promote continual improvement in environmental management performance
- Promote environmental awareness and responsibility among employees, customers and suppliers
- Maintain transparent relations with employees, the relevant authorities and the community and make policy available on request.